Expand the topics below to find a specific help topic.
In order for you to gain access to Microsoft Online Learning, an instructor or a site admin in your organization can either create an account for you or send you an enrollment link. The link is to assign you to a particular learning plan or to enroll you in the organization. In either case, you will receive an email containing information about the program and a link to follow to get started.
Activating a new account
- In the email you received, click the link. (If you did not receive an email, check your Junk Mail and Spam folders in case it was misrouted. If it is not there, check with the person at your institution who manages access to confirm that they used your correct email address.)
If prompted, choose an account type and then sign in.
- Microsoft account: This includes MSN, Hotmail, and Windows Live accounts. If you have more than one Microsoft account, note which one you use, since you need to sign in with the same one in the future.
Office 365 account: This is an Office 365 account that you can use to access the cloud-based version of Microsoft Office and your related storage space in the cloud. If your school or organization set up an account for you to use to access this training, that account may be valid here.
Note: In some cases, your sign-in account type has already been chosen for you, based on what your organization uses.
The account you initially use to sign in is permanently associated with your Microsoft Online Learning subscription. You need to use the same account to sign in when you access your courses in the future.
To enroll in an organization, on the Redeem enrollment code page, enter the enrollment code you received from your organization (if it is not pre-populated), enter an email address that instructors or administrators can use to identify you within the organization, and then click Submit.
Note: The email address you enter here is the one that will be visible to the instructor or site admin for the organization. It does not have to be the same one you use to log in, but it must be unique within the organization offering this subscription.
- On the resulting screen, read the terms, indicate your acceptance by clicking I Accept, and then click Continue.
Fill out the resulting profile form, taking care to populate all of the indicated required fields.
Note: The email address on this form is the one you want to be used for communication about your courses.
- Click Save. After your information is saved, you are taken to your learner home page where you can view courses assigned to you via a learning plan. You can also browse and search for courses that are available as part of the subscription.
Returning user sign in:
Use these URLs for return visits:
Microsoft account: http://itacademy.microsoft.com/?whr=uri:MicrosoftAccount
Office 365 account: http://itacademy.microsoft.com/?whr=urn:federation:MicrosoftOnline
- For easy access, add these URLs to your browser's list of favorites or bookmarks.
Your home page serves as a dashboard to quickly get you to the courses that are important to you.
- The last course you accessed will appear in a Resume tile on your homepage. Click anywhere in the Resume tile to pick up where you left off.
Courses that are assigned to youor that you selected yourselfthat are not yet completed are available by clicking the My Courses tile. The numeric value within the tile represents the total number of courses that are not yet completed.
From the home page, click the My Courses tile.
TIP: In My Courses, the courses are grouped according to the learning plan they belong to, or if you have selected courses yourself from the catalog, you will find them grouped under the final category called "My added courses."
Click to expand the learning plan accordions, and/or the "My added courses" accordion until you find the course you desire.
- To immediately start a course, click inside the "Course" tile along the left.
- To read the course overview, click the course title and then click Overview from the table.
- To view the course syllabus, click the course title. You can explore the syllabus and then click the desired topic to start from there.
- To view the system requirements, click the course title and then click System requirements from the table.
- To take the related assessment, click the course title and then click Begin Assessment.
- From the home page, click the My Courses tile.
- Courses that you have completed are available by returning to the home page and clicking the My Achievements tile. The numeric value within the tile represents the total number of courses you have completed. Aside from reviewing the course content, you can access your transcripts and completion certificates.
Accessing Learning Plans
When a new learning plan is made available to you, you should receive an email.
- Click the link provided in the email you received to ensure access to your new learning plan.
- Once you are signed in, click My Courses to see the learning plans that are available to you.
If you don't yet have courses available in My Courses, or if you are looking for additional training, there are several ways you can explore the training that is available to you.
- Browse: On your home page, you will see a Browse menu at the top. Click the Browse menu to see the various training subjects and then click a subject that interests you. The resulting screen will display the available courses on that subject. By default, the results are courses in the language listed on your profile page. If you’d like to search for courses in a different language, above the course results, in the Narrow by course language menu, click the drop-down arrow and select another language from the list. When you find a course you want to take, click Add to add it to your My Courses list and you can begin taking the course.
- Search: At the upper right corner of the screen, you will notice a search box. At any time, you can enter a search term in the box to locate specific courses. By default, the results are courses in the language listed on your profile page. If you’d like to search for courses in a different language, above the course results, in the Narrow by course language menu, click the drop-down arrow and select another language from the list. For those courses that appear in the results and that interest you, you can click Add to add the course to your My Courses list and you can begin taking the course.
System requirements may vary between specific courses. For this reason, each course has its own set of system requirements you can view to ensure your system meets the minimum requirements to play the course.
- Once you have located a course of interest, click the course title.
- On the resulting course detail page, click System requirements.
Transcripts in this system show your progress against a course or set of courses, as well as reflect your assessment scores. There are several levels of transcripts available, and multiple locations from which transcripts can be accessed.
Learning Plan transcripts show you your progress against a specific learning plan, giving you a high level view of your progress against the courses within the learning plan and your performance on the related assessments.
- To access a lesson-plan-level transcript, locate a specific lesson plan and then click the associated icon that looks like a set of pages, each with one corner turned down.
- To print the transcript, click the printer icon at the upper right corner of the transcript screen.
Course-level transcripts show you your progress against a specific course, and each of its various components, including its related assessments.
- To access a course-level transcript, locate a specific course and then click anywhere you see an icon that looks like a single page with one corner turned down.
- To print the transcript, click the printer icon at the upper right corner of the transcript screen.
Once you have completed a course, you can view and print the corresponding course completion certificate.
- Click the My achievements tile on your home page.
On the resulting My achievements page, you can do either of the following to view and print certificates:
- Locate a specific course in a learning plan, and then click the Print Certificate option listed at the lower right of the course.
- Click the printer icon at the far right of each learning plan to view all certificates you have earned within that learning plan. On the resulting screen you can print them all by clicking Print all at the top.
You can edit your own profile information in the following manner:
- Click your name in the upper right corner of the screen, and then click Edit profile.
- Make the desired changes to your profile and click Save. Updating the language in the profile page will change your site to the same. The following languages are currently supported:
English, Spanish (LATAM), French (France), German (Germany), Dutch (Netherlands), Italian (Italy), Russian, Brazilian Portuguese, Polish, Swedish (Sweden), Bahasa Melayu; Jawi Script (Malaysia), Arabic (Saudi Arabia), Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified, Japanese and Korean
Note: The contact email address in your profile is where you will receive communication pertaining to your courses (i.e. new learning plans, changes to you learning plans, etc.).This is not necessarily the address you use to log in to Microsoft Online Learning.
After you have enrolled in one organization, you may be invited to enroll in another in order to take advantage of courses they offer.
The following instructions only work if you have an enrollment code (either on its own or from an email link).
To redeem the enrollment code:
- Sign in to the Learner site.
- In the drop-down menu next to your name, click Redeem enrollment code.
- On the Redeem enrollment code page, fill in the enrollment code and your email address.
- Click Submit.
This applies only if you are enrolled in courses through more than one organization, and you are using the same sign-in credentials for both.
To view courses available to you from another organization:
- Click your name in the upper right corner of the screen, and then click Switch Organization.
- In the resulting screen, click the organization you want to change to and then click Save.
As a best practice, always sign out when you are finished to prevent any other users of the same computer from accessing your account.
To sign out:
- Click your name, and then click Sign out.
Clicking Sign out closes your current session and logs you out of the system.